cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB on KL24 with processor expert

Jump to solution
mikeconover
Contributor II

Has anyone been able to get USB working on the KL24 kinetis microcontroller using processor expert? I tried using the USB_LDD driver in processor expert and I am probing the USB lines and don't see anything on them. Any suggestions on how to get USB working on KL24 processor?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

I don't have a KL24, but reader of my blog confirmed that it is working for him. The FSL_USB_Stack has a selection for the KL24 (the USB blocks are pretty much the same for all Kinetis).

So you might give the FSL_USB_Stack Processor Expert components a try. There are examples for CodeWarrior (mcuoneclipse/Examples/FRDM-KL25Z at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub) and Kinetis Design Studio (mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub).

The following article shows the necessary settings (important are the clock settings):

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/07/tutorial-usb-cdc-with-the-kl25z-freedom-board/

Since that original article, the components have been refactored: USB Component Splitted and Updated | MCU on Eclipse

The components are available on SourceForge: McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

I don't have a KL24, but reader of my blog confirmed that it is working for him. The FSL_USB_Stack has a selection for the KL24 (the USB blocks are pretty much the same for all Kinetis).

So you might give the FSL_USB_Stack Processor Expert components a try. There are examples for CodeWarrior (mcuoneclipse/Examples/FRDM-KL25Z at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub) and Kinetis Design Studio (mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub).

The following article shows the necessary settings (important are the clock settings):

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/07/tutorial-usb-cdc-with-the-kl25z-freedom-board/

Since that original article, the components have been refactored: USB Component Splitted and Updated | MCU on Eclipse

The components are available on SourceForge: McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year,

Erich

0 Kudos
mikeconover
Contributor II

Erich,

Thanks for the reply. I saw your example on your blog using the FSL_USB_Stack component. However, I am not able to find the FSL_USB_Stack component in processor expert. Is there a way to add it? If so, where do I get that component?

-Mike

0 Kudos
mikeconover
Contributor II

Or can I only use clock configuration 0 for the FSL_USB_Stack component?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, we had a discussion here: Can the PE FSL_USB_STACK use Clock Source 1

0 Kudos
mikeconover
Contributor II

Sweet! I have clock configuration 3 setup for my 48MHz clock. Where can I change the USB to use this configuration?

0 Kudos