cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K64 Locked!!

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi List,

I have accidentally got the flash on my TWR-64 Board locked. I tried accessing it with Jlink after going through the threads. The log is as follows:

pastedImage_1.png   

When tried with Ulink2, I encounter a "SWD communication failure" error:

pastedImage_2.png

The board enters bootloader mode as I can see "BOOTLOADER" drive on my computer and D3 LED toggles on power on. Hence I tried to copy a .s19 and .srec  file of my application. But to no use.

I would greatly if anyone could suggest what can be done to get my tower board working.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards 

Sarma

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sarma,

Could you provide the Bootloader project K64 Flash configuration field setting? Especially the Flash Security Register setting (FSEC) at Flash address 0x40C.

About how to unlock Kinetis project, please check below thread for more detailed info:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921?commentID=857127#comment-857127 

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

The boot loader project is NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0. I was trying to combine a blinky project with boot loader to have a single s.19 file. 

I used srec_cat.exe to combine the 2 s.19 files but without offset values for my application(accidentally!). The problem arised after I downloaded this s19 file.

I shall try the unlock steps given in the attachement and get back to you.

Regards
Sarma

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi  bmwhui‌,

Sorry for the delay. have tried the steps given in Kinetis Lock issue analysis and unlock way.pdf. I see the following error message: 

pastedImage_1.png

I have tried with J-Flash tool.  My status is unchanged. 

Best regards
Sarma

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have tried that thread provided J-Link script with J-Link Commander tool?

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Yes I did, the log file is attached.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for the log file.

I find below info from log record:

pastedImage_1.png

There shows the K64 was locked with mass erase disabled, which was locked  permanently.

The external debugger tool can not unlock that setting of Flash security configuration.

Could you provide the K64 software project's Flash configuration field code for double check? Thanks.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Pls neglect the previous reply, accidently attached a wrong file :smileyhappy:

Attached the flash config file.

Best regards

Sarma

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am using the MCUXpresso SDK project as an example:
The Flash configuration filed info located at <startup_MK64F12.s> file with below info:

pastedImage_1.png

Or, you also could send us the image file (s19 or bin file).

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

It is the same in my case too!

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sarma

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sarma,

I think you post the application project Flash configuration file.

For you are using the bootloader at TWR-K64F board, could you provide the Bootloader project's Flash configuration file/Setting?

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

HI Hui_Ma,

The config file is from Kinetis Bootloader project and not from my application project. Both are same.  If these are not the one, can you specify what is it that you are looking for i.e. file name, location if known.

Best regards

Sarma

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

The Kinetis bootloader is available here

Best Regards
Sarma

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sarma,

First of all, thank you for the info.

So far, from the log file, the K64 was locked with mass erase disabled, which means the K64 was locked permanently.

I am quite curious what kind of operation cause chip was locked with mass erase disabled.

Could you help to provide more detailed info about the operation?

For you are using the KBOOT software, do you have modified that software?

If yes, please guide me where.

And I want to regenerate this issue on site and try to find the root cause.

Please use this link to submit a board warranty request. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi Hui_Ma,

Attached is my example blinky example project. I have not made any changes in the flash configurations in the Bootloader project(not attached due to attachment size limitations). The blinky project works fine on the TWR Board.

What I did:
> the hex files from both projects are merged using srec_cat.exe.[Accidentally, I did not give any offset variables].
> Flashed the resultant file to TWR Board.

My Request keeping in mind my project demands(high priority and short time):
Can you please suggest how can I unlock this board?
Is there any service engineer available over phone so that I can converse live?

I shall go for the tool replacement, as a last resort, as it is time consuming and I cant afford to wait for that long. 

Best regards
Sarma

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sarma,

I used your posted [ADC Blinky.rar] includes [Blinky_MQX.hex] with [flashloader_loader] project with below test result:

pastedImage_1.png

While using the [Blinky_MQX.s19] image file with [flashloader_loader] project will generate the Error:

pastedImage_2.png

Both images could not lock the K64 chip.

I could not regenerate your mentioned issue with the FRDM-K64F board.

For customer issue with urgent statues, I would recommend customer to contact with your local NXP distributor.

You could check here to find your local NXP distributor.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Attached the Flash file  for your reference.

Best regards
Sarma

0 Kudos