TWR-K21D50M OSJTAG virtual serial port problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K21D50M OSJTAG virtual serial port problem

peterfurey
Contributor IV

Has anyone else had problems getting output from the OSJTAG virtual serial port on the TWR-K21D50m or any other tower module?

I've tried using both the P&E Terminal Utility and Tera Term without success. I've tried running the out-of-the-box demo and the hello world example programs, along with others but none of the printf statements appear on the terminals. I'm using the correct default settings for baud rate, etc. Any suggestions on resolving this problem?

Thanks

2 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

I will give it a go Monday but yell if you succeed sooner.

Regards,

David

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

I grabbed my TWR-K21D50M tower card and attached USB cable to it and my laptop.

It enumerated OK but didn't display a COM port in the Device MAnager.  That was my hint I needed to us PEMicro Terminal Utility.  It found the proprietary USB COM port and displayed the OOB accelerometer X Y Z data OK.

When I use IAR to compile and download helloworld to the RAM, IAR indicated there was a OSBDM/OSJTAG firmware update.  So I did the disconnect, add jumper to J9/JM60BOOT header, re-connect, let it update, disconnect and remove jumper, re-connect and now I had a standard CDC USB COM Port displayed in Device Manager.  I then used my Hercules terminal utility (115200, 8, 1, N) and ran the helloworld example and could see printf just fine.

Maybe you need the firmware update?

If not using IAR then PEMicro has PE Firmware Updater utility you could use.

Hardware setup was I only used the TWR-K21D50M standalone (i.e. didn't build it up in Tower elevators with TWR-SER).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos