cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial for USB KW24D512 devices

michal_szablows
Contributor I

Hello,

I've got some connected NXP USB-KW24D512 to my PC (windows10).

I am looking for unique serial ID for one device. After checking the registry I found that first connected device has 'serial' 00000001, but other boards has something like '8&304074ff&0&2' or '8&304074ff&0&5'. A saw that the next 'serials' have correlation with devices location.

Do you have any idea how to get any specific serial ID for each device?

Do i need any special driver or something else?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

michal_szablows
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to prepare script to map devices to current comport, and use in certification thread, where yours devices are one of the golden devices. To map device we are now using location which is not the best idea. Others devices, in certification thread test bed, has unique serial number (by one device) which i can find in registry, but NXP USB KW24D512 doesn't have that unique serial number. Instead of that first connected KW24D512 device has serial '00000001' and other has something like '8&304074ff&0&2' or '8&304074ff&0&5', all of these usb devices have the same vid:pid number.

Is there any solution to get unique serial number for each of NXP USB KW24D512 devices?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The KW24D has USB module and the device creates a virtual COM so this is made in software not hardware. What you could try to do is to set it in software in the virtual COM, still, if what you are working with is the sniffer, this will not be possible as the device has a pre-loaded binary that is only available in that way, we do not provide the source code for it.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please provide more details on which serial number are you referring to ? also, could you please also provide more details on your application ?

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michał Szablowski,

This community space do not cover the topic you need assistance on.

Please create new thread on the Kinetis Microcontrollers community space OR new NXP support case according to following procedure:https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos