cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segger J-Flash settings with K8x and QSPI

Jump to solution
deniscollis
Contributor V

I'm attempting to program a K81 and QSPI (Micron MT25QL128 - 16MB, single die).  Segger J-Flash V7.54c shows error: 

Timeout while preparing target, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0x00000000, CPSR = 0x00000000, LR = 0x61000000)!
Failed to prepare RAMCode using RAM
Error while determining flash info (Bank 1 @ 0x68000000)
Failed to auto program target

The J-Flash Project Info:

deniscollis_0-1632774047039.png

Has anyone encountered this, and can figure what's going on?

Thanks,
Denis

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
deniscollis
Contributor V

J-Flash/J-Link V6.50a works perfectly. There's a bug in V7.45c, which I have reported to Segger.

Update Jan 20, 2022 from Segger:

Upcoming release of Segger J-Link/J-Flash will include fix for this issue.

The issue was due to a speed optimization that relied on the availability of an external reference clock, RTCK, which is not the case with many devices, including the NXP K8x.

Update Jan 25, 2022:

Segger J-Link/J-Flash V7.60f available for download.  Fix for K8x issue included in this release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
deniscollis
Contributor V

J-Flash/J-Link V6.50a works perfectly. There's a bug in V7.45c, which I have reported to Segger.

Update Jan 20, 2022 from Segger:

Upcoming release of Segger J-Link/J-Flash will include fix for this issue.

The issue was due to a speed optimization that relied on the availability of an external reference clock, RTCK, which is not the case with many devices, including the NXP K8x.

Update Jan 25, 2022:

Segger J-Link/J-Flash V7.60f available for download.  Fix for K8x issue included in this release.

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When you use jFlash, you doesn't configure the QSPI. So the external ram can't be used.

Have a great day,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
deniscollis
Contributor V

@nxf56274I'm not sure what you're saying. There is no external RAM, only the K81 with its onboard internal RAM.

As I understand the process, in order to write to the external QSPI flash, j-Flash/J-Link first downloads code to the MCU's internal RAM, sets the program counter and starts execution.  Thereafter, J-Link/J-Flash sends instructions and data to the RAM resident code, which relays it to the external QSPI flash.

Thanks,
Denis

0 Kudos