Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Code or Peripheral Library for MKE04Z128

Jump to solution
xpress_embedo
Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I am using MKE04Z128VLH4 micro-controller, and unfortunately I am not able to use GPIO's that are not GPIOB, I am getting compiler error.

I downloaded "FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package" and used one of its project based on KE04 series on IAR.

Earlier I did the same thing for KE02 and it works properly.

The strange problem which I can understand is that the library doesn't support various things for this particular controller, I maybe wrong but please help me to understand this.

In file MKE04Z4.h, the following code is there.

/* GPIO - Peripheral instance base addresses */
/** Peripheral GPIOA base address */
#define GPIOA_BASE (0x400FF000u)
/** Peripheral GPIOA base pointer */
#define GPIOA ((GPIO_Type *)GPIOA_BASE)
/** Array initializer of GPIO peripheral base pointers */
#define GPIO_BASES { GPIOA }

which clearly tells me that there is no GPIOB, but in this micro-controller there is, so definitely I am doing something wrong.

One thing I noticed while posting this question is that the header file name is MKE04Z4.h, so it's Z4 and my micro-controller is KE04Z128, which I am using wrong library.

Although I am able to turn on the pins on GPIOB, by changing few things in library, but i can't these things for all drivers.

So is there any sample code or library available for MKE04Z128 micro-controller available, so that I can take reference from there and start building my project.

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The MKE04Z4.h in "FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package" is a old version 1.0 (2013-05-09).
Please download the SDK_2.3.0_MKE04Z128xxx4. You will find the new headfile MKE04Z1284.h(2017-05-19).

MCUXpresso SDK MKE04Z128xxx4.jpg

MKE04Z1284.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The MKE04Z4.h in "FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package" is a old version 1.0 (2013-05-09).
Please download the SDK_2.3.0_MKE04Z128xxx4. You will find the new headfile MKE04Z1284.h(2017-05-19).

MCUXpresso SDK MKE04Z128xxx4.jpg

MKE04Z1284.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

xpress_embedo
Contributor II

Thank You for your help, now I have to use this library with my project and everything will work fine.

But I have a question.

The micro-controller is KE04 series and why the libraries are aligned more with KE06.

Actually I solved my problem with the old libraries, by just changing the macros in IAR Project Option from FRDM_KE04 to FRDM_KE06 and CPU_KE04 to CPU_KE06, and till now I haven't faced any problem.

Plus the SDK you shared, has something like this, I selected MKE04Z128 and even then SDK has some folders related to KE06 series.

Doubt1.PNG

Doubt2.PNG

One more question, usually my organisation uses IAR Embedded Workbench, but why NXP is offering so many IDE's and not one for same series.

There is Code Warrior, Kinetics Design Studio and the new thing I came to know is that MCU Xpress also supports this series.

So I am totally confused which one to select, if you are a beginner?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

0 Kudos
xpress_embedo
Contributor II

I tried using KE06 Libraries for this KE04 micro-controller and they are working properly.

Why it is working like this??

0 Kudos