您的意思是: 
已解决

SMBus Address Resolution Protocol support

跳至解决方案
2,582 次查看
severinjdavis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SMBus ARP requires slaves to arbitrate after receiving general "get UDID" command. Without this slave arbitration, address assignment isn't possible via ARP.

We have a master requesting information from multiple kinetis slaves with the same address, and the received data is an AND of the slaves' sent information. This indicates that slave arbitration is not happening, as the first 0 should have caused at least one slave to drop out. Instead, all continue transmitting, resulting in a bitwise AND.

The reference manual claims support for SMBus version 2.0. Version 2.0 includes ARP.

So it seems as though SMBus 2.0 is supported, except for ARP.

Am I correct here?

标记 (4)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
1,739 次查看
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Severin Davis:

The I2C module in Kinetis complies with SMBUS specification, but it is a fixed not discoverable device. So your understanding is correct, the slaves do not arbitrate, instead they talk at the same time over the bus.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
1 回复
1,740 次查看
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Severin Davis:

The I2C module in Kinetis complies with SMBUS specification, but it is a fixed not discoverable device. So your understanding is correct, the slaves do not arbitrate, instead they talk at the same time over the bus.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励
回复