PN5190 eval board power up help

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5190 eval board power up help

mani_aravapalli
Contributor I

I recently received a PNEV5190BP that I am trying to work with. I installed the NFC cockpit application and am unable connect to my NXP device via the application as it does not detect it. I came across the DN_NNC guide and tried to flash the board as per the instructions. The instructions are a little vague and I am not sure what I am doing  wrong. I loaded a 5180 project  since I couldn't find 5190 in the list. I am able to see a probe while I start the GUI flash tool and hence I started the flash process by loading all the files as indicated in the document. The MCUEXpresso IDE returns an error indicating it was unable to connect to target. Do I need a special board to connect to the eval board and perform the flashing process. Any help or steps to get the eval board fired up will be great.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mani:

You can the recovery process:

Use MCUXpresso (MCUXpresso Integrated Development Environment (IDE)) and import the package of PN5190 Secure Firmware Downloader (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SW6592).

The detailed steps of installing and importing can be found here: PNEV5190B evaluation board quick start guide

There is no extra linker being required, since our board supports the OpenSDA (using the second available USB connector).

With this example, a valid PN5190 FW can be flashed.

When done, flash the K82 FW for the NFC Cockpit, e.g. the BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_8.bin from

c:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v6.5.x.x\firmware\Secondary_PN5190\K8x\

Afterwards, everything must be running again with NFC Cockpit.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos