Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the flash programming

Jump to solution
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I have a serious problem of customer assistance. I need to update remotely the software on the target board. He has the JTAG

but I don t find a way to update using only the binary ELF or HEX. From the KDS it is necessary to work with the project and expose the source code.

I cannot to do so. So I need someone's solution to use the JTAG with only the binary.

Thank You

Pietro

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

you don't need the sources, you can simply flash the file with the 'Flash from file...' function

pastedImage_0.png

Another way is to use the GDB command line (see Command Line Programming and Debugging with GDB | MCU on Eclipse ).

Or simply use a dummy project and in the debug configuration specify the binary you want to download:

pastedImage_2.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

you don't need the sources, you can simply flash the file with the 'Flash from file...' function

pastedImage_0.png

Another way is to use the GDB command line (see Command Line Programming and Debugging with GDB | MCU on Eclipse ).

Or simply use a dummy project and in the debug configuration specify the binary you want to download:

pastedImage_2.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

After a lot of tries I manage to get through the process.

It seems I need always to go in SWD even my hardware does not need, and use some magic numbers.

I don t thing it is supporting the CYCLONE now..

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Erich

I tried your suggestions. but the flash from file does not work.

I just use the Main tab, I specify in the Project a name, and the file name. When I try to flash the progress bar they proceed until the end.

But the board does not start the application.

I tried also to manipulate the settings in the other tab pages. But I get no results.

I need a deeper guideline to use the programmer.

Thank You for the support

Pietro

0 Kudos