cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimal SWD connection for K10

lokuate
Contributor III

Hello Everybody,

I previously develop a design with KL14/15/16 using the same SWD minimal connection as used in KL25 Freedom board (FRDM-KL25Z) shown as follows:

SWD_KL25.png

Now I developed a K10 prototype using the same SWD connections but it doesn't work, I went in to the SWD configuration as follows:

SWD_config.png

Where using the pin RESET_b connected to RST_TGTMCU... But after seeing the following table on the K10_RM, I cut off that trace (SWD Debug Port column):

SWD_config_ds.png

I did not wire-up the TRACE_SWO pin since the KL25 doesn't use it, for me it seems that if I do not wire TRACE_SWO I will loose trace functionality not make my SWD connection useless.

My SWD does not work yet... shoould I wire-up the TRACE SWO signal to make it work? what is going on???

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Carlos

The min.single SWD interface is VDD, VSS, SWD_DATA, SWD_CLK. But you might need other function, you need to add other pins, such as trace_swo. So I suggest you keep SWD pin assignment. Thanks.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carlos,

I think you should wire up the TRACE_SWO pin and I've also included the KQRUG (Kinetis Peripheral Module Quick Reference) which explain standard debug interface design in 2.5.3 Debug interface.

Please refer to it for details.

Best regards,

Ping