cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE15Z256 Debug Vs Flash Programming

Jump to solution
Jmir
Contributor II

I am thinking of using MKE15Z256 64pins for a new project. I also plan to use the LPC-Link2 card to record the flash and debug.

I read that I can use a 10-pin JTAG / SWD plug to connect the LPC-Link2 to the MKS15Z256, it will use SWDIO and SWCLK. But in the meantime I have the following doubt, with these two wires will I be able to debug or just record the flash?

I think the NXP documentation on the topic is very confusing. I was reading a document external to the NXP about Programming Internal Flash by SWD and in the description of the SWD standard is referred to 3 wires, SWDIO, SWCLK and SWO, the latter, Serial Wire Output is used for debugging. I looked for this pin on the MKE15Z256 but I didn't find it, I think that there is no.

Will I be able to debug only with SWDIO and SWCLK? Is there any clear documentation on this topic?

I was checking the FRDM-KE15Z development board and it in the openSDA block has a 10-pin JTAG / SWD connector but TDO and TDI are available and I was wondering if they are really needed for debugging. On the other hand, the JTAG / SWD plug of the target uController only has SWDIO and SWCLCK

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please see the attachment

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This picture is from the arm debug interface specification.

1.PNG

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Jmir
Contributor II

Thank you.

You can to share a link to the document that you refer?

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please see the attachment

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: