Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK22DX128VLK5 definitions

Jump to solution
v_snicarevs
Contributor III

Hi!

I am currently using TWR-K21D50M board with MK21DN512AVMC5 and I am looking into making a custom board with MK22DX128VLK5 on it. However this processor is not listed in fsl_device_registers.h as well as any others MK22D5 series devices. Should I use register definitions for MK21DA5 devices instead?

Thank you!

Viktor

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Viktors,

In this document, you can find characteristics for every Part number http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/selector_guide/KINETISKMCUSELGD.pdf , you can compare them and will notice that effectively they have almost the same peripherals, however, MK22 has 1 DAC instance (and MK21 does not have), MK21 does not have MMCAU, RNG and DryIce modules (and MK21 has), MK22 has internal VREF configuration (MK21 does not have).

Basically, these are the differences between them, but you can take a deeper look to their reference manual if something is not clear.

I hope this can help you!

Regards,

Isaac

View solution in original post

3 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Viktors,

Yes, MK21DA5 derivative is the most compatible derivative with MK22DX128VLK5 MCU.

Remember to modify fsl_device_registers.h in order to include MK21DA5 header files when CPU_MK22DX128VLK5 is used in the project:

#elif (defined(CPU_MK21DX128AVLK5) || defined(CPU_MK21DX256AVLK5) || defined(CPU_MK21DN512AVLK5) || \

defined(CPU_MK21DX128AVMC5) || defined(CPU_MK21DX256AVMC5) || defined(CPU_MK21DN512AVMC5)

|| defined(CPU_MK22DX128VLK5))

#define K21DA5_SERIES

/* CMSIS-style register definitions */

#include "MK21DA5/include/MK21DA5.h"

/* Extension register definitions */

#include "MK21DA5/include/MK21DA5_extension.h"

/* CPU specific feature definitions */

#include "MK21DA5/include/MK21DA5_features.h"

Also, remember to enable features in MK21DA5_features.h according to peripherals for MK22 MCU part:

#elif defined(CPU_MK22DX128VLK5)

/* @brief ACMP availability on the SoC. */

#define FSL_FEATURE_SOC_ACMP_COUNT (0)

/* @brief ADC16 availability on the SoC. */

#define FSL_FEATURE_SOC_ADC16_COUNT (1)

Best Regards,

Isaac Avila

v_snicarevs
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is there somewhere full list of features available for MK22DX128VLK5? Or any way to highlight differences from MK21DX128AVLK5 (as they seems almost identical), if it is any different at all.

Thanks, Viktor

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Viktors,

In this document, you can find characteristics for every Part number http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/selector_guide/KINETISKMCUSELGD.pdf , you can compare them and will notice that effectively they have almost the same peripherals, however, MK22 has 1 DAC instance (and MK21 does not have), MK21 does not have MMCAU, RNG and DryIce modules (and MK21 has), MK22 has internal VREF configuration (MK21 does not have).

Basically, these are the differences between them, but you can take a deeper look to their reference manual if something is not clear.

Regards,

Isaac