Kinetis on PCB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis on PCB

marcinkajor
Contributor I

Hi:) I'm going to develop a project with Kinetis MCU on PCB. Are there any requirements concerning the additional elements (resistors, capacitors, quartz) for the K Series (K40, K50) to work properly on PCB as a stand-alone microcontroller (programmed with the Kwikstik J-Link Segger)? I'd also like to use some peripherals such as LCD driver, ADC, SPI (SD card) to develop the measurement device and I haven't found any suggestions of basic application schemes. I'll be very thankful for any help,

Regards,

Marcin

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcin,

There is a document KQRUG (Kinetis Peripheral Module Quick Reference) includes most modules related circuit design and layout guide.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alexfeinman
Contributor III

You might want to consider one of the FRDM boards as a basis for your design. The design files are available for a free download from Freescale. For K40 there is no FRDM board, but there is a Tower board. The advantage of this approach is that you will be using a well thought-through design.

Kinetis K40 Tower System Module|Freescale

0 Kudos