cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster with K20 72MHz

abidesmail
Contributor II

Hi,

I setup freemaster via UART1 on a K20 72MHz processor and it's awesome. I followed the following tutorial:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/08/24/tutorial-freemaster-visualization-and-run-time-debugging/

I would now like to try it with JTAG (since I use UART in my application). Is this possible? I currently get the following error when I select JTAG as the device in the FMSTR1 freeMaster component.

Error: This item is not supported by selected CPU.

Not sure if it is not supported or I need to enable some define somewhere. I do have JTAG on this CPU and am using it successfully.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The problem seems related to the configuration, Attached is a sample on how to set up the configuration. Please refer to the attached file

0 Kudos

abidesmail
Contributor II

Hi Fang,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem isn't on the Host side, it is on the device side. When I try to select JTAG on processor expert freemaster component I get a message saying ERROR: This item isn't supported by selected CPU. Please see the image below

jtagFreemaster.png

I also have a related question. I attempted to add the freemaster component on my mqxlite application via UART0 but that did not work either. I added the component as per the link below and then added the following methods to one of my tasks:

void free_master_task(uint32_t task_init_data)

{

int counter = 0;

while(1) {

counter++;

FMSTR1_Poll();

FMSTR1_Recorder();

_time_delay_ticks(10);

/* Write your code here ... */

}

}

Tutorial: FreeMASTER Visualization and Run-Time Debugging | MCU on Eclipse

Note: If I create a project that is not an MQX lite project, I able to graph data correctly using freemaster using UART0.

Appreciate the help,

Abid

0 Kudos