Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K64F /K66F code licence for SDCard/MMC

Jump to solution
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi,

I am planning to use the sample code in my small project from KSDK example projects such as "usb_examples_dev_msc_sdcard_bm".

I am wondering if this code is generic to both SD and MMC card or does this code also contains SDCard specific licensed code.

In simple terms, do I need to pay a license fee if I use this code?

best regards,

Mahendran.

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mahendran,

All the code in the SDK which you downloaded from nxp official website, you can use it, it's no problem.

If you just want to use the SD and MMC driver, not the usb code, I suggest you use the middleware driver, take K64 sdk as an example, you can find the sdmmc driver from this folder:

SDK_2.2_TWR-K64F120M\middleware\sdmmc_2.1.2

Please check you SDK package.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mahendran,

All the code in the SDK which you downloaded from nxp official website, you can use it, it's no problem.

If you just want to use the SD and MMC driver, not the usb code, I suggest you use the middleware driver, take K64 sdk as an example, you can find the sdmmc driver from this folder:

SDK_2.2_TWR-K64F120M\middleware\sdmmc_2.1.2

Please check you SDK package.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Thanks Kerry for the confirmation.

I am planning to use the SD Card code along with USB. So, I will use most of the code along with my application. 

I am glad that I do not need to pay for SD Card code that are used in K64 or K66 examples.

Thanks,

Mahendran.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

All the SDK code which you can downloaded from our nxp website is free, feel free to use it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos