cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25 documentation - can't figure out sources for DACREF_1, DACREF_2

Jump to solution
Smiffytech
Contributor III

The KL25 Sub-Family Reference manual describes the DAC in Chapter 30.

• 30.2 - Features - it is stated that Vin can be selected from two reference sources.
  • Block diagram shows DACREF_1, DACREF_2 coming from (somewhere.)
  • 30.5 - Functional description: "see the module introduction for information on the source for DACREF_1 and DACREF_2."
  • Module introduction (30.1) doesn't give any mention - we're back where we started.

Could someone please point me to where these sources are described - or what they are if they aren't.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Matthew

In KL25 reference manual chapter 3.2.2 "Analog reference options", you can find 12-bits DAC has two reference voltages for reference. One is VREFH and the other one is VDDA. If you use manual "KL25P80M48SF0RM", you can find on page 48.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Smiffytech
Contributor III

Thanks! Do I need to raise a ticket? The documentation, as it stands, isn't really helpful, and should certainly refer back to 3.2.2, rather than "see the module introduction," (which I interpret as 30.1) where no mention is made at all.

From practical purposes, since I'm actually trying to do something with a Freedom board, I believe these two lines are tied together anyway.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Matthew

It is no need to raise a ticket. Your idea is a good idea. It is a direction we need to improve. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Matthew

In KL25 reference manual chapter 3.2.2 "Analog reference options", you can find 12-bits DAC has two reference voltages for reference. One is VREFH and the other one is VDDA. If you use manual "KL25P80M48SF0RM", you can find on page 48.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos