Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K30 Input port current consumptions

Jump to solution
BasePointer
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a plan to use K30 in our battery powered application.

I was going through K30P144M100SF2V2 Device datasheet and I got shocked when I saw below tables.

These values are meaninglessly very high for a battery powered application.

Is there a chance that datasheet values are wrong?

I was relying on stop3 mode power consumption which is around 3uA.

But what is the benefit of low leakage stop modes while MCU consumes more from its digital inputs?

K30.png

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Don't let your digital pins float between Vil and Vih -- keep them at valid 'low' or 'high' levels during battery operation.  There are discussions elsewhere regarding the blatant error in the datasheets regarding the 'high state' measurement point of Vdd versus Vih.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Don't let your digital pins float between Vil and Vih -- keep them at valid 'low' or 'high' levels during battery operation.  There are discussions elsewhere regarding the blatant error in the datasheets regarding the 'high state' measurement point of Vdd versus Vih.

0 Kudos
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

That is why you use a Kinetis KL for battery powered applications and not a Kinetis K, most preferreably a device in a WLCSP package. egarding the datasheet power figures, they are correct.

0 Kudos
BasePointer
Contributor II

Hi, the application is not always battery powered. Sometimes it takes the power from main supply and we need some M4 DSP functionality there, this is the reason K series is required.

0 Kudos