K10D input protection diode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10D input protection diode

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

The PTC1 pin on the K10D is configured for input capture function, but it also has an alternate analog function which is not used in the design.

Is the input protection to VDD through a clamping diode still available when configured for input capture, or just when the pin is configured as an analog function?

What kind of internal protection is offered on the default Port IO pins?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

6 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott,

The ESD protection circuit (clamping diode) is applied for each port IO pin, whatever it configured for input capture or analog function.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Thanks.  It appears the other I/O isn't protect.  Why?

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

There is no diode to VDD on all GPIO-capable pins to allow 5V input signal level tolerance, irrespective of actual Vdd voltage.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For the 5V tolerant I/O with special design, the diode not connect to VDD, while instead to a ESD Bus.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am not sure "the other I/O" means?

Best regards,

Ma Hui

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Any pin that CAN be GPIO physically does NOT have said diode to VDD, and can accept -0.3 to 5.5V at any time, in any mode.  The protection elements do not change based on 'pin mode'