Is it possible to use the old TWR-LCD with the TWR-K60D100M ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the old TWR-LCD with the TWR-K60D100M ?

ebee
Contributor II

I am trying to get the TWR-K600D100M to function with the old TWR-LCD controller. I was going to purchase the TWR-K60N512 but noted on the page that this was not recommended now so purchased the recommended alternative. This appears not to offer any support for this display. Also I notice on the forums that people are using eGUI 3.0 but I can only find version 2.1. Any idea where I can get the newer version from?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeff_sylvester
Contributor I
you can use TWR-LCD on TWR-K60D100M just switch or load the correct demo project, (use the BSP and PSP for K60d100m and not the K60n512)  also the documentation on the demos are confusing, the switches on the LCD need to be configured differently for each demo you run, because the switches determine which processor and what communications mode to use to talk to the LCD.  The LCD can use parallel 8bit, parallel 16bit, or serial SPI, and you can run the demo on the LCD processor, OR across the Tower from the K60
0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

I checked with our developer of eGUI and the 3.0 release should happen near end of January 2014.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

jeff_sylvester
Contributor I
confirmed EGUI 3.0 was released, and it is now being posted on GITHub  at https://github.com/Gargy007/eGUI
0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

eGUI on the Freescale.com/egui web site still reports to be version 2.1 dated 4/14/2011.

Is there an update to this yet?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lan,

Any progress on this issue?

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can grab it from here now: Freescale eGUI: Graphical LCD Driver for MCUs|Freescale

It has projects specifically for K60D100M

-Anthony

0 Kudos