Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly configuring PTA0 bricked unit

Jump to solution
ignisuti_
Contributor IV

MCU: KW41z

During development, I've managed to incorrectly/accidentally configure PTA0 with zero values. This appears to have bricked my unit in such a way that I can no longer download code. Note: The code that is currently on there appears to continue to run.

It appears that PTA0 is used by the SWD and my incorrect configuration has this being configured as a Touch Select Input (TSI).

I have not been able to hold the MCU in reset and recover. What other methods should I try to once again debug the unit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph,

Please refer the method described in 'Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power'.

I have attached the 'P&E Recovery Utility' that you may need to download.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ignisuti_
Contributor IV

That un-bricked the boards. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph,

Please refer the method described in 'Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power'.

I have attached the 'P&E Recovery Utility' that you may need to download.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos