How to load usb stack to DDR memory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load usb stack to DDR memory

abhilash
Contributor II

how can i load Usb Stack program to K70 controller DDR memory.

I want to add a debug configuration to run USb stack from DDR memory

Plz can any one help

Labels (1)
6 Replies

reubennoronha
Contributor I

Hi @abhilash  did you get the USB stack to work fine from DDR? Would you be kind enough to attach it here ? We are facing the very same issue. It runs fine in Flash, but the DDR build just won't work. We've tried everything from changes in linker file to tcl script to watchdog. Your project will really help us. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The released demo just support flash and RAM target, but I think you may use the RAM target  as a starting point.

The main differences with a standard “RAM target” are :

− Appropriate linker file

− Macro set-up file that initializes the DRAM chip before the J-link starts download.

they can be both referred to 128MB_DDR2.icf from KINETIS_120MHZ_SC, and K70_MT47H64M16HR-3.mac as well.

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Hope that helps,

B.R

Kan

abhilash
Contributor II

Thanks for the information

Kan

I followed your instruction and used linker files from KINETIS_120MHZ_SC for DDR(128MB_ddr.lcf) and ram(MK70FN1M0_ram.lcf). Also we are using initialization file for the DDR (init_twr_k70_ddr2.tcl). But when i loaded and started running the program it exits when  TestApp_Init(); function is called .The program runs fine when run from flash memory.

{ I am running USB stack 4.1.1  CDC sample program in High speed config using code warrior IDE10.2 and OSJTAG downloader }

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I know, K70 has two PLLs , PLL1 is dedicated for DDR , and PLL0's output can be used for USB module, I am not sure how you configure them, but in my opinion , PLL0 should output 48MHz for USB application, PLL1 may output as high as possible to meet the DDR2 spec. so please check the PLL initialization first.

Hope that helps,

B.R

Kan

abhilash
Contributor II

hello kan,

inside the init file pll1 is configured and it is used for ddr configuration. when using DDR memory  Sysinit function is not working.For now i have it disabled. Now my doubt is on the linker file . Is there any specific linker file that can be used with USB stack

thanks

Abhi

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abhi,

Sorry for the late response!! I had some issue with my IAR license until I re-installed it. I have implemented the CDC demo running in DDR based on TWR-K70, but It is not only the link file, but also the  PLL init function called in the usb stack should be modified to make the usb stack run in DDR.

First , I recommend you start with a SRAM target configuration,

1.png

second, just as mentioned before, use mac file to initialize the PLL0 and PLL1 as well as the DDR controller before the IDE load the image.

1.png

and choose verify download if you like

1.png

then, you may change the sram link file as the following:

1.png

you may find the RAM section are in DDR now, but please note don't set 0x08000000 to 0x10000000 as the range, this configuration are used by KINETIS120MHZ_SC, but as the USB stack uses DMA to transmit or receive data, you have to put the section in a location that allow access from both core and eDMA.

and set the vector table in SRAM.

1.png

As PLL0 and PLL1 have been initialized in the mac file, there is no need to do it in SYS_Init(), add some code from line 884 in main_kinetis,c

#ifdef SDRAM

/* Initialize clocks to match values from init script */

mcg_clk_hz = 120000000;

pll_1_clk_khz = 150000;

pll_0_clk_khz = mcg_clk_hz / 1000;

#else

#define ASYNCH_MODE    /* PLL1 is source for MCGCLKOUT and DDR controller */

#define SDRAM

and #endif at line 924.

Define SDRAM in "derivative,h "

#define SDRAM

After that, run the application , you will see the following view: