Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SWD programming tool...

Jump to solution
rothkarl
Contributor III

Hello Everyone!

I'd like to know if there are any free programming tool exists for Freedom board, something like that ST's ST-Link?

With ST-Link I can burn down any binaries, and erase random sectors I want.

I'am looking for something standalone solution without using Eclipse based IDE.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roth,

The Freedom board is design to feature the Freescale open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA.

This circuit offers several options for serial communications, flash programming and run-control debugging.

And you can learn more information about the OpenSDA through the post as below.

OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roth,

The Freedom board is design to feature the Freescale open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA.

This circuit offers several options for serial communications, flash programming and run-control debugging.

And you can learn more information about the OpenSDA through the post as below.

OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!