FRDM KW36(BLE): Getting gHciRemoteUserTerminatedConnection_c as disconnection reason for every disconnection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KW36(BLE): Getting gHciRemoteUserTerminatedConnection_c as disconnection reason for every disconnection

pvelayu1
Contributor II

Hi,

Whenever KW36 (BLE module) disconnects from the connected phone, the reason for disconnection in "gConnEvtDisconnected_c"is always gHciRemoteUserTerminatedConnection_c, But what I would like to know why NXP LE stack is not sending the reason "gHciPinOrKeyMissing_c" or any other disconnect reasons appropriately.?

Regards,

Prakash V

0 Kudos
7 Replies

xing_chang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you pull the device away, you will get the reason ‘gHciConnectionTimeout_c’ after disconnecting.

0 Kudos

pvelayu1
Contributor II

Hi Xing Chang,

Is there any disconnect reason for link key miss?

Regards, 

Prakash V

0 Kudos

xing_chang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi pvelayu1@visteon.com‌,

When the KW36 loses the link key, the encryption will fail when reconnecting, but the kw36 will not be disconnected. The disconnection is initiated by the mobile phone.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Do you have a sniffer log with the information you are mentioning ? How are you seeing this ? Also, which example are you using ? How are you configuring ? Are you using some mobile application ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

pvelayu1
Contributor II

Hello estephania_martinez‌,

I am keeping breakpoint in the application event ""gConnEvtDisconnected_c"  during various disconnection scenarios but even at different disconnect scenarios, i could see always the reason as gHciRemoteUserTerminatedConnection_c.

I am using hid_device project, i am not configuring anything related to disconnect reason.

No i am not using any mobile application.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please share with me the sniffer log of the communication ? Also, have you tried using the temperature collector example ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

pvelayu1
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

I have attached the airtrace of the issue, where for every disconnection, gHciRemoteUserTerminatedConnection_c reason is received.

Regards,

Prakash V

0 Kudos