Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KL25Z Bootloader

Jump to solution
valerierabon
Contributor I

Hi,

I've been working with the FRDM KL25Z board. I have Windows 8.1 and I recently downloaded the P&E firmware update v114 onto the board.

Using CodeWarrior 10.5, I tried to get the IRC_RGB demo project to work. The project only works when I put the board in bootloader mode. I'm curious to know why it only works when it is in bootloader mode. If anyone knows why or how to correct this, I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you!

Valerie

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Valerie,

If you have download Firmware Apps at http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/ and update Application Version to 1.14.

I think you should also update your Bootloader Version to 1.11.

You can read "BOOTUPDATEAPP_release_notes" in "Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2013_12_11" folder , and then update that by using "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA".

firmware application Version.jpg

Best Regards

Robin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Valerie,

If you have download Firmware Apps at http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/ and update Application Version to 1.14.

I think you should also update your Bootloader Version to 1.11.

You can read "BOOTUPDATEAPP_release_notes" in "Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2013_12_11" folder , and then update that by using "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA".

firmware application Version.jpg

Best Regards

Robin

0 Kudos
valerierabon
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Yes, I already had the latest update for the bootloader, version 1.11. However, the program still only works when the board is in bootloader mode. I'm stumped as to why this is.

UPDATE: I tried it again, and this time the program ran correctly. Thank you so much for your help!!

Thanks,

Valerie

0 Kudos