Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE15Z : Power from an external DC Jack

Jump to solution
abhilashvr
Contributor II

Hi All,

Could you please let me know the procedure to power FRDM-KE15Z from external DC source.I populated the DC jack & tried booting with 5v, 1A  supply but its not working.

I am not able to see any detailed user guide for FRDM-KE15Z

Thanks

Abhilash vR

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abhilash vr,

1. Do you use the USB cable power on the FRDM-KE15Z, is that work?

Just make sure your board hardware have no problem.

If it works OK, please download a LED blink code to the board,

2. About the DC jack.

Actually, the out of factory FRDM-KE15Z board didn't solder the J19, D8. You said you populate the DC jack, but I think you didn't solder D8, then your external 5V won't power the chip.  I have tested it on my side, I input a 5V directly to D8 C pin, then the board is powered on, and the code is working.

So, please check your D8.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhilashvr
Contributor II

Thank you Kerry. !

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abhilash vr,

1. Do you use the USB cable power on the FRDM-KE15Z, is that work?

Just make sure your board hardware have no problem.

If it works OK, please download a LED blink code to the board,

2. About the DC jack.

Actually, the out of factory FRDM-KE15Z board didn't solder the J19, D8. You said you populate the DC jack, but I think you didn't solder D8, then your external 5V won't power the chip.  I have tested it on my side, I input a 5V directly to D8 C pin, then the board is powered on, and the code is working.

So, please check your D8.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos