FRDM-KE02Z40M board not connecting after bootloader update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE02Z40M board not connecting after bootloader update

mlampert
Contributor I

Hi I got a new FRDM-KE02Z40M today and tried to update the bootloader as described in various documents. Ever since the board does not register itself with the USB bus on the PC. The behaviour is the same if I hold the reset button pressed while connecting the board - or if I don't. The board isn't entering bootloader mode, the green led stays dark and the OpenSDA doesn't show any signs of life. The target CPU is still running the last application I uploaded before the bootloader upgrade (once the reset button is released).

I'm running Linux Debian testing and checked the log files while plugging the board in and out - no trace of a new USB device on the bus. Running 'lsusb' also doesn't show the device.

Anybody know how to make it work again?

Thanks,

Markus

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Markus,

I do not have your environment, but I guess the older bootloader firmware revision doesn't support the Linux Debian.

So I'd like to suggest that you can update the bootloader firmware under Window OS, then plug in the USB cable under the Linux Debian again to check the FRDM-KE02Z40M whether works well or not.

You can learn the procedure of updating bootloader firmware through the link below.

Tutorial de Atualização OpenSDA / PE Micro - Bootloader e Firmware
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mlampert
Contributor I

Hi Ping,

thanks for your reply. I did try to connect the board to a Windows 7 machine with the same results. I mentioned Linux because there I have access to the USB bus log files and the board doesn't even attempt to connect to the bus. It's not a driver issue, it's that the board - or I should say the OpenSDA firmware doesn't register with USB at all. It doesn't even pull D+ high to indicate that there is a device on the USB bus.

Thanks for your help,

Markus

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

According to your reply, we can basically get the conclusion that hardware circuit error cause the issue, especially the power supply part, so I'd like to suggest that you should do a hardware detection of the board.

I've also attached the sch of the board.

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mlampert
Contributor I

Hi Ping,

thanks for the schematic. I checked the supply voltage and it is at 3.1V where it should be. The OpenSDA and the target processor have the same voltage (and the target processor still executes its application).

The pullup resistor is internal to the MK20's USB circuit, what that means (to me) is that the OpenSDA processor is not starting properly, or is otherwise confused. I did check it's reset pin and that is OK too.

Note that the board initially worked until I upgraded the bootloader and I have not connected any external components or modules to any pins.
Is there anything I can do to restore the initial bootloader and start over?

Thanks,

Markus

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

As the OpenSDA can't enter the bootloader mode again, the bootloader has been broken down, I'm afraid.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos