cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Specifications for Kinetis KV30F Comparators

Jump to solution
am_58
Contributor I

Hi, regarding the comparators on the Kinetis KV30F series, the datasheet states a maximum initialisation delay of 40 us (see page 35 of document KV30P64M100SFA Rev4). Is this the delay when the comparator is in low-speed mode [PMODE=0]? If so, what is the maximum delay in high speed mode? Compared to other similar microcontrollers, 40 us initialisation delay is very slow and considering the KV30F is aimed at motor control applications I would expect it to be faster. My application requires fast switching of comparator inputs, hence my question. Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The [Comparator initialization delay] is defined as the time between software writes to change control inputs (Writes to
CMP_DACCR[DACEN], CMP_DACCR[VRSEL], CMP_DACCR[VOSEL], CMP_MUXCR[PSEL], and
CMP_MUXCR[MSEL]) and the comparator output settling to a stable level.

The [Comparator initialization delay] is only for using comparator module internal 6-bit DAC as reference voltage source.

If customer doesn't using internal 6-bit DAC output reference voltage, that delay doesn't make any sense.

If there doesn't modify the 6-bit DAC output reference voltage during motor control application, that delay doesn't affect the Comparator operation.

That delay only make sense, when customer want to modify the 6-bit DAC output reference voltage.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
am_58
Contributor I

Thanks for the explanation, that all makes sense to me.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The [Comparator initialization delay] is defined as the time between software writes to change control inputs (Writes to
CMP_DACCR[DACEN], CMP_DACCR[VRSEL], CMP_DACCR[VOSEL], CMP_MUXCR[PSEL], and
CMP_MUXCR[MSEL]) and the comparator output settling to a stable level.

The [Comparator initialization delay] is only for using comparator module internal 6-bit DAC as reference voltage source.

If customer doesn't using internal 6-bit DAC output reference voltage, that delay doesn't make any sense.

If there doesn't modify the 6-bit DAC output reference voltage during motor control application, that delay doesn't affect the Comparator operation.

That delay only make sense, when customer want to modify the 6-bit DAC output reference voltage.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!