Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit PE generated code?

Jump to solution
hesamakbarian
Contributor II

Hi,

Does anybody know ether i can change and revise generated code from PE, and the next time i will recompile i will still have my revised code included?

for instance, i would like to add a piece of code to the main function and want to have it always

even if i change some peripherals in PE.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hesam Akbarian,

Actually, you can realize the code not modified by configure some items.

If you just want the main function not be modified, please write your code below the comments like:

/* User includes (#include below this line is not maintained by Processor Expert) */

/* Write your local variable definition here */

/* Write your code here */

Then your main code will not be modified even you generate the PE code again.

But if you don't want the CPU.c or component.c not be changed, please do like the following:

56.jpg

Just choose "Don't write generated component modules", the the according code will be lock when you generate the new PE code.

I hope my answer will help you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Best regards!

Jingjing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

this article shows several options you have:

Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hesam Akbarian,

Actually, you can realize the code not modified by configure some items.

If you just want the main function not be modified, please write your code below the comments like:

/* User includes (#include below this line is not maintained by Processor Expert) */

/* Write your local variable definition here */

/* Write your code here */

Then your main code will not be modified even you generate the PE code again.

But if you don't want the CPU.c or component.c not be changed, please do like the following:

56.jpg

Just choose "Don't write generated component modules", the the according code will be lock when you generate the new PE code.

I hope my answer will help you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Best regards!

Jingjing

0 Kudos