Does FRDMCD1020 work with Windows 10? How is the FRDM board programmed with SPIGen?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FRDMCD1020 work with Windows 10? How is the FRDM board programmed with SPIGen?

Jump to solution
PB123
Contributor II

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PB123
Contributor II

What I have discovered is that the Freedom Boards KL25Z bootloader was reset by pushing the RESET and powering the board with USB.  When you loose the Bootloader, Windows 10 does not allow user to reprogram the bootloader.  I have not found a way around this yet.  

Users must first load the drivers and then plug into the USB only.  Don't use the reset or bootloader usb port.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PB123
Contributor II

What I have discovered is that the Freedom Boards KL25Z bootloader was reset by pushing the RESET and powering the board with USB.  When you loose the Bootloader, Windows 10 does not allow user to reprogram the bootloader.  I have not found a way around this yet.  

Users must first load the drivers and then plug into the USB only.  Don't use the reset or bootloader usb port.  

0 Kudos
PB123
Contributor II

Thank you for the response, however when I plug in the Freedom board to PC USB and load SPIGen application I get the error message 

"The SPI Dongle was not detected" 

When the Freedom board is plugged into the PC, there is no "New Hardware Detected" message from the PC.  

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Change your PC to test again.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes,it supports the WIN10.

For the detail operation please see below link user manual from page14:

KTFRDMCD1020EVMUG, FRDMCD1020EVM evaluation board - User's Guide (nxp.com.cn)

0 Kudos