Debugging custom KV46F based board using OpenSDA Interface of another Freedom FRDM-KV31F.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging custom KV46F based board using OpenSDA Interface of another Freedom FRDM-KV31F.

Jump to solution
vijayvaidya
Contributor I

Hello,

1. The User Guide for FRDM-KV31F (Section 3.2.1) explains how the target controller can be
changed to another off-board MCU.

2. It does not talk about, whether the off-board target MCU necessarily needs to be KV31 only.

3. Can we use this method, to flash/debug a off-board KV46F MCU, assuming, we ensure that
the required signals are routed properly.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vijay Vaidya

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Using the default firmware, the off-board target MCU necessarily needs to be KV31 only.

But with the latest Segger firmware loaded, you can flash/debug a off-board KV46F MCU.

I have attached the latest firmware application of FRDM-KV31F '20_OpenSDA_FRDM-KV31F.bin' here.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Using the default firmware, the off-board target MCU necessarily needs to be KV31 only.

But with the latest Segger firmware loaded, you can flash/debug a off-board KV46F MCU.

I have attached the latest firmware application of FRDM-KV31F '20_OpenSDA_FRDM-KV31F.bin' here.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
vijayvaidya
Contributor I

Thanks Mr. Shen for your inputs,

Best Regards,

Vijay Vaidya

0 Kudos