Debug pointer lost while SWD_IO Pin initialisation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug pointer lost while SWD_IO Pin initialisation

niket_zope
Contributor III

I am working on a project on the board frdm-ke15z my problem is in my code there's a function to initialize the pins with there default values. But when I run the code in debug mode (using on-chip CMSIS Debugger)at the time when I try to initialize SWD_IO pin the debug pointer is lost.
strange part is the same code runs in debug mode perfectly when I debug using J-link.
I'm not able to understand what could be the possible problem.kerryzhou

0 Kudos
3 Replies

niket_zope
Contributor III

Thanks for your input,

I'm new to embedded, Please forgive if any mistakes.

Yes the functionality I'm providing to the pin is SWD_IO only which is its default value.

I checked the PORTA_PCR4 (MUX) value with CMSIS Debugger its shows  MUX=7 (i.e. 111)  seems like its chip specific what is refers ? can you explain ?

pinerror.PNG

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niket Zope,

Do you run the SDK code for your  frdm-ke15z directly, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

If you still want to use the PTA4 as the SWD_DIO, you don't need to configure it.

Could you also please share which detail code you run then you lost the CMSIS DAP debugger?

I highly suggest you use the NXP official code to test it at first, whether you still have the issue or not.

Any updated information, just kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niket Zope ,

Thanks for your cooperation.

What's the function you want to configure the SWD_DIO in the code? Not the SWD function?

If yes, your debugger must be lost.

If you still want to use the SWD_DIO pin function, you don't need to configure it, as the default function is the SWD function.

pastedImage_1.png

About the JLINK didn't lost issue, you can check PORTA_PCR4 register, what's the mux data now?

pastedImage_2.png

Maybe the JLINK debugger even didn't modify the PTA4 mux function.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos