mcuOnEclipse february release - problem with console?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuOnEclipse february release - problem with console?

zohargolan
Contributor III

Hi All,

In order to try and solve my FreeRTOS semaphore problem (See other post), I tried to upgrade the MCUOnEclipe, which is using FreeRTOS 8.2.3 (I previously had 8.2.0).

I've deleted the FreeRTOS component from my project, and then added the new one. The problem is that my console is not working anymore. Tried to remove and add back the console, tried to remove and add back the MCU, tried to remove and add back the FreeRTOS component. Nothing helped.

Any idea and suggestion will be highly appreciated

Best regards,

Zohar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

zohargolan
Contributor III

well, figured out this one.

In order to bring up the new FreeRTOS version, I had to comment out vTaskDelete(null) that I had in my code. This caused the FRTOS1_vApplicationMallocFailedHook exception that I had. The real solution was to manually set parameter

INCLUDE_vTaskDelete  to 1 in FreeRTOSConfig.h. I also had to manually set  configCPU_CLOCK_HZ to the clock frequency as the compiler will not take it from cpu.h.

Now my project is working with FreeRTOS 8.2.3. It still didn't solve my real problem though. My real problem is that xSemaphoreTake() is stuck after several thousands iterations (see my other post freertos xSemaphoreTake stuck ).

Thank you for your help

Zohar

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zohar,

what is your problem with the console?

Erich

0 Kudos

zohargolan
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thank you for your help. I really hope you can help me with my problem. I am more concern about my other post of xSemaphoreTake() stuck.

I am setting the console to UART4 as before I changed the free rtos in my setup, but nothing is coming out to the terminal. Do I need to setup anything else for the console to work?

best regards,

Zohar

0 Kudos

zohargolan
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I actually found out the problem is not with the console, but from some reason, I am getting an exception

FRTOS1_vApplicationMallocFailedHook in initialization, so I am not getting to the printf at all.

Now the question is why I am getting this exception. I tried to select different memory management (heap2) and now I am getting the following errors

c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: <projectName>.elf section `.m_data_20000000' will not fit in region `m_data_20000000'

c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `m_data_20000000' overflowed by 983040 bytes

I am puzzled

thanks for any suggestion

Zohar

0 Kudos