debug with 2 emulators

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug with 2 emulators

Salva
Contributor II

Hi to all I've got this problem: how can I debug with 2 emulators ? Till I was using Codewarrior (10.6) I haven't any problem. With KDS (both 3.0.0 and now 3.1.0) it doesn't work. The message is the same (with one emulator) if you try to run again a debug session without closing the last one. The message is:

126697_126697.pngpastedImage_0.png

I tried also lunching a second istance of KDS with same behavior .

The problem seem to be on Multilink Universal driver

Another question: is it possible to make an hard reset to CPU (there is the 'restart' button, but it doesn't make a Hardware reset to CPU).

Actually I'm using KDS 3.1.0, K64 microcontroller, Windows 10 64 bit

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Salva
Contributor II

No one has this problem ?

Is it possible to try some 'workaround' ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I did that, bascially means setting up a connection with a different port. I only need to find some spare time to document and post it :-(

Erich

0 Kudos

Salva
Contributor II

Erich if it can help I tried with KDS 3.1.0 and CW 10.6 in the same PC at the same moment and I can debug together without problems.

Both have the same kind of emulator (Multilink Universal). Of course each one on a different USB port.....

Thanks

Salvatore

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salvatore,

I'm able to do this with the Segger connection (either J-Link or OpenSDA), see Debug Multiple Boards with GDB at the Same Time | MCU on Eclipse .

I have not been able to do the same with the P&E Multilinks. The same approach (using different TCP/IP ports) should work for the Multilinks too, but I have not seen a setting in the panel for this. When I started the P&E server with different ports it did not work for me.

Erich

0 Kudos