Sending a binary file / intel hex file over UART

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a binary file / intel hex file over UART

saipriyasubrama
Contributor II

I am using the KV series of Kinetis microcontrollers to send a .bin file over UART to program another microcontroller. I would like to know if there is any sample code that guides me in the right direction to do this. I do not know how to include the .bin file into the application code for the Kinetis. I am using KDS and PE for this purpose. Is there a sample code online for me to look at?

3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can check the steps mention in the following document about merging applications using the linker commands for more information about including a bin file to your application:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328202 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

saipriyasubrama
Contributor II

I am trying to use the intelhex file of an application to be used on another target microcontroller. Meaning i have divided the memory in the target microcontroller into Bootloader Section and application section.I am trying to pass the hex file generated for the application from the host to the target microcontroller using UART. Host is the Kinetis KV micro. 

I am not able to use the "fopen" command on KDS to open my intel hex file and save it into 8 bit buffers and transmit it to the target for coding in the application area. Is there a way to transmit intel hex files through UARt for transmission and coding on another microcontroller?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you to take a look to the following document for more informaiton on how to receive the new firmare image via UART:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328365 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos