cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug the code.

chintan
Contributor III

Hello,

Currently, I am working on FRDM-KW36 development board. As per the BLE demo application user guide document I have uploaded the code of HRS(Heart Rate Sensor) on the development board. Then i checked it on NXP IOT application and it's works perfect. When I tried to terminate the debug process on IDE it will show "could not stop execution from running" error message (refer Error1 image). I clicked first Ok and then Cancel button of error messages and then close the MCUXpresso IDE and reopen it. Then I tried to upload another project it shows me error message of "0 available SWD Devices detected."(refer Error2 image). I don't know why this happen.

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

Attaching the images for errors.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chinta,

I think this is due to this example use the Low Power modes, so when this are enabled the debugger is disconnected.

You can disable this in the app_preinclude.h file with the following define:

/* Enable/Disable PowerDown functionality in PwrLib */
#define cPWR_UsePowerDownMode 1

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

chintan
Contributor III

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for reply. I have made changes as per your reply and it's works. But there are different functionality I observed with this, which are mention below. I have used IOT application for measurement.

1. If value of cPWR_UsePowerDownMode is 1, the board did not work as per described in " Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf " document except heart rate sensor measurement value. Measurement value is showing between 40 to 200 bpm.

2. If value of cPWR_UsePowerDownMode is 0, the board works as per described in " Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf" document and also those error messages are resolved. But the heart rate measurement value is showing between 300 to 450 bpm which is far away compared to described in document.

Kindly guide the reason behind this two functionality.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chintan,

This data displayed is only demostrative, this will display data between a range and will be variable. The data adquisition is left to the developer to do it.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

chintan
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I understand that data is only demonstrative. But the reason of asking that data is not matching with Demo applications user guide document. Document says "measurement value between 40 to 200 bpm".

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chintan,

As you mention this is mention in the user guide but you can see how it works in the TimerMeasurementCallback in the heartratesensor.c, it generate a random number and multiplies this by the range factor and depending of the variable could use the 16 bit heart rate.

I will report this issue with the user guide.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos