cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob, where do I start?

_freescaler_
Contributor I

Hi,

Getting into ARMs, (using PICs for a decade) and the Kinetis K02 looks like a great place to start.  But a bit unsure what I need to get started.  I downloaded Kinetis Design Studio, and it looks like I need an SDK... which the SDK downloads do not seem to have for the KE02.  The FRDM-KE02Z40M board details page has some quick-start links to OpenSDA (not sure what that is yet), and to various IDEs but not Kinetis Design Studio.

Before I go down a spiral of installing tons of stuff just to figure out what is what, and then sift out what I don't need, is there any page or doc that explains all these terms/tools/software in a nutshell so I can quickly pick a path to get started with?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil,

KSDK for KE family is not officially released yet. but it should be available in next release.

please keep track on our website for it

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP

for the moment my recommendation is to use KDS+processor expert for KE family.

does this make sense?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

_freescaler_
Contributor I

Thanks Jennie.  But what is processor expert?

What I'm looking for is some document or video that explains this, rather than me stumbling upon terms and having to ask for each one which if I need it, etc.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

I find a document and it may be helpful to you

Getting Started with Kinetis KDS IDE.pptx

lab2 of this ppt is regarding KDS Project Design with Processor Expert.

we can also find processor expert document under KDS install folder:

C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Help

here, Getting_Started_with_Processor_Expert.pdf is very good for beginner.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos