Kinetis Design Studio Download Woes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio Download Woes

LDAA_STAB
Contributor I

Anyone else having issues downloading the KDS 3.2.0 installer? Have attempted to download with two different Win10 machines in the office and both report back " The signature of kinetis-design-studio_3.2.0.exe is corrupt or invalid."

Assistance or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks All.

B

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vgusiatnikov_pr
Contributor I

Yes, I am having the same issue. May I suggest that NXP perform some quality checking on the software it releases? It is not too much pain to have to circumvent Windows security, but having to do it doesn't reflect well on a multibillion-dollar company. We do have a choice of a number of ARM vendors.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vladimir Gusiatnikov,

thanks for your suggestions.

May I suggest you create a case to NXP support team for this issue.  they will process it as a feature request.

thanks!

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

LDAA_STAB
Contributor I

Thanks for the insight!

I had forgotten about spoofing the file type. Worked as well as I remember.

KDS 3.2.0 is currently installing.

BillB

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I just checked kinetis-design-studio_3.2.0.exe download from my side. it works perfect.

I suggest you try "save as..." the file as kds3_2_0.txt. then rename the extension to .exe after downloading. see how it work.

I may also suggest you try the download from another computer and network.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos