cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio vs. IAR Embedded Workbanch

Jump to solution
alexandergoldin
Contributor III

What is more preferable IDE: KDS or IAR EW?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

I think that the best IDE for you will depend on the needs and requirements of your project, you need to consider that KDS is a newer IDE and slightly less "mature" than IAR, it is free of charge and unlimited, while the free IAR version has a code size limitation (16 KByte for ARM Cortex-M0+).

On the following links you can review the features of both IDEs:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

IAR ARM

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

I think that the best IDE for you will depend on the needs and requirements of your project, you need to consider that KDS is a newer IDE and slightly less "mature" than IAR, it is free of charge and unlimited, while the free IAR version has a code size limitation (16 KByte for ARM Cortex-M0+).

On the following links you can review the features of both IDEs:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

IAR ARM

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

alexandergoldin
Contributor III

Thank you, Carlos. I will check it.