cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetics IDE

Jump to solution
selvakumarm
Contributor II

We are using CodeWarrior Development Studio IDE for Kinetics Controller. I would like to use Kinetics Design studio IDE. Please suggest can i continue with CW Development studio IDE or switch to Kinetics Design Studio IDE. What are the differences, Kindly brief.

Thanks & Regards,

Selvakumar

1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Selvakumar,

Develop Kinetis chips on MCUXpresso, we need install SDK into the IDE first .

For example , about this  MKV10Z32, first download theMCUXPresso SDK package for it

refer to  Generating a downloadable MCUXpresso SDK v.2 package 

Then refer to  the MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide -> 4.4 Installing an SDK  to install .

(I attached this DOC to you .) .

You can also refer to this user guide to crate new project and import demo project of SDK.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Selvakumar,

The KDS and CW will not be updated for kinetis products,

If you have used the CW,  you  can continue using it. CW not only support kinetis , but also other products, 8-bits,

16-bits and so on.

The KDS and MCUXpresso IDE are free , yes , if you want to merge to KDS, You'd better use MCUXpresso IDE,

MCUXpresso IDE is the IDE for LPC and Kinetis going forward.For new or future projects it is recommended to use the MCUXpresso IDE.

You can find and download it at here :

MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
selvakumarm
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have downloaded MCUXPresso IDE, But i can not create project based on kinetics, can you guide me or suggest any project link.

Thanks & Regards,

Selvakumar

0 Kudos
vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Selvakumar,

You can create a project based on the Core which you are using. If you are using arm-cortex-m0, you can create project for that core regarding kinetis in MCUXpresso. If you can say me your controller name or core, I can post a video of how to get started and create a project.

0 Kudos
selvakumarm
Contributor II

Hello Vignesh,

I am using MKV10Z32 controller

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Selvakumar,

Develop Kinetis chips on MCUXpresso, we need install SDK into the IDE first .

For example , about this  MKV10Z32, first download theMCUXPresso SDK package for it

refer to  Generating a downloadable MCUXpresso SDK v.2 package 

Then refer to  the MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide -> 4.4 Installing an SDK  to install .

(I attached this DOC to you .) .

You can also refer to this user guide to crate new project and import demo project of SDK.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos
selvakumarm
Contributor II

Dear Alice,

I could not debug the software, Please find the attached image for your ref.

Regards,

Selvakumar

0 Kudos
selvakumarm
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thanks for your information. I have installed SDK package for kinetics controller. And also created demo project, but i could not download file and debug. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Selvakumar

0 Kudos
vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Selva,

I have used both Codewarrior and Kinetis Design studio for kinetis controller. I recommend you using MCUXpresso. Since CodeWarrior development has been stopped long back and support is fading. Regarding KDS, NXP is trying for an unified IDE for both Kinetis and LPC series called as MCUXpresso. The debugging there is easy and pleasant unlike KDS where you have to do more configurations. If you are using any Automotive series in Kinetis then S32 IDE is a good option but still I recommend MCUXpresso for it's ease of use and debugging experience and moreover lot of development activities are going on it with NXP support.

0 Kudos