cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Register View

Jump to solution
Toe
Contributor IV

Does KDS have a view that shows all of the registers in the MCU like CodeWarrior?  The register tab in the debug perspective only shows "General Registers", I find that the GPIO/ADC/etc registers are helpful when getting a new piece of code that isn't working properly up and running.  Is this implemented under a setting that I've missed?

KDS Registers

12061_12061.pngCropperCapture[2].png

CodeWarrior Registers

12080_12080.pngCropperCapture[1].png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, that makes sense now :-)

I have described the steps how to install the plugin (plus the needed patch for Kinetis devices) here:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/05/29/how-to-add-register-details-view-in-eclipse/

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

34 Replies
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I have KDS 3.2.0 and didnt realise it was "already there", anyway, I installed Erich's update, copied the files over, but I have no KL27 support? I can see the KL27 file in the directory C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\Freescale\MKL27Z4.xml but it does not come up 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
mikesmith1980
Contributor II

Hi Erich, I tried to setup register view in KDS 3.0, however this link is broken:

http://embsysregview.sourceforge.net/

Is there another way to do it?

Regards

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

sometimes sourceforge takes pages down for a short period of time for maintenance, it looks it is the case here now. I expect that the page should be back soon.

But as David pointed out: that plugin already comes installed in KDS v3.0.0, so no need to download it.

Erich

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

The KDS_3.0 has the EmbSys Registers view already installed.  No need to install it manually.

With the Debug Perspective, Window->Show View->Other...    Then select Debug->EmbSys Registers to see the window.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
mikesmith1980
Contributor II

Than you very much!

marks
Contributor IV

Hi All, I too would like to know what "Unpack the archive files over your ‘eclipse’ folder." means and how exactly that is done. Can anybody tell me the steps? Thanks in advance. Mark

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

Unpack means to open the zip file and store the contents into the "C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0" folder as the top level folder in the zip file is "eclipse" and its subfolders and files will be copied into the "C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse" path.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I have refer to your tutorials (How to Add Register Details View in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse) did step by step , and also

Updated Eclipse EmbSysReg Viewer with extra Freescale SVD Files . while in my kds ,it still can't check the freescale' products.

"Unpack the archive files over your ‘eclipse’ folder." can you tell me what's the meaning of this words ? and put the "FSL_SVD_Patch V0.3 for EmbSysReg" to where ?  I put it here :

pastedImage_1.png

it doesn't work ,then i put them to here :

pastedImage_2.png

it still can't work .

pastedImage_3.png

What should I  do ?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linda,

The zip file contains an eclipse folder with features and plugins:

You need to unpack these files and place it over your existing eclipse folder of KDS:

it will replace a few files and add all the new CMSIS-SVD files.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I can slect the chip of freescale,  while when i click "ok" , it show nothing .

2222.png

Thank you a lot !

Linda

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thank for your quick reply.

And i did refer to your blog , while i haven't clearly this words

21.png

wheter   do like this   "delete the eclipsee of KDS , then copy the eclipse of  FSL_SVD_Patch V0.3 for EmbSysRegV0.2.4  to the KDS "  ?

Linda

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linda,

do not delete anything. Unpack the files over your existing eclipse folder.

Erich

0 Kudos
eli_hughes
Contributor V

Are there plans to just integrate this package into KDS?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, this is planned for v3.0.0

0 Kudos
w2vy
Contributor V

Will this work ok with KDS 2.0?

Tom

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

simple answer: yes, it works the same way in KDS 2.0.0 :-)

Erich

0 Kudos
Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Yes , I unpack the file .

Do you meaning "delete the eclipsee of KDS , then copy the eclipse of  FSL_SVD_Patch V0.3 for EmbSysRegV0.2.4  to the KDS "  ?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, do *not* delete the eclipse folder of KDS. Simply copy the eclipse folder of the zip file over your existing eclipse folder.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

no, you are not missing anything. That CodeWarrior peripheral register view is CodeWarrior specific, and not part of KDS :-( .

However, I managed to this for my FRDM-K64F board:

pastedImage_0.png

Unfortunately to get there, it requires some plugin tweaking. I have it running for the K64F and that works fine for me.

Let me know what board/device you are using.

If there is any interest, then I could write up an article how this can be done.

Erich