cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Register View

Jump to solution
Toe
Contributor IV

Does KDS have a view that shows all of the registers in the MCU like CodeWarrior?  The register tab in the debug perspective only shows "General Registers", I find that the GPIO/ADC/etc registers are helpful when getting a new piece of code that isn't working properly up and running.  Is this implemented under a setting that I've missed?

KDS Registers

12061_12061.pngCropperCapture[2].png

CodeWarrior Registers

12080_12080.pngCropperCapture[1].png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, that makes sense now :-)

I have described the steps how to install the plugin (plus the needed patch for Kinetis devices) here:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/05/29/how-to-add-register-details-view-in-eclipse/

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Toe
Contributor IV

I'm using a K22MX256 on a custom board right now.  It's not a huge deal, but I would be interested if you're willing to write something up!  I have a few of those FRDM boards as well (K20 and KE02 and one more it seems I've misplaced).

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

are you sure this is a K22M device? K22FN? K22FX? K22DX? K22DN?

Erich

Toe
Contributor IV

Guess it's good you asked because I told you wrong.  It's a MK22DX256.  My apologies, not sure where that initial part came from!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, that makes sense now :-)

I have described the steps how to install the plugin (plus the needed patch for Kinetis devices) here:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/05/29/how-to-add-register-details-view-in-eclipse/

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Erich

piotrek
Contributor III

Hello Erich,

The K64 seems to be implementing Data Watchpoint and Trace (DWT) unit. Would it be possible to add DWT registers to the EmbSys Registers view? I would find DWT_CYCCNT quite handy.

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Piotr,

yes, that would be possible. But so far ARM indicates that the core peripherals (like NVIC, etc) shall not be part of the CMSIS-SVD files, so they are missing in the files provided by Freescale (and other vendors).

But nothing should prevent to have those added to the XML files.

Erich

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

XML file shouldn't be to difficult to modify. Would you know of any document describing expected structure of this file?

Piotr

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
Toe
Contributor IV

That's pretty simple to install, thanks for putting together such a thorough guide!  Doesn't look like my exact chip is supported, though.  It has a MK22F12 which, like most Kinetis parts, has similar registers.  There are some awkward places that may be due to the part not being correct or not completely supported:

CropperCapture[3].png

There should be 32 pin control registers for port B, but it only shows the first one.  The location is correct, though.

There are a few other instances similar to this, but overall it is quite useful and better than the default register view.

Thanks again for this and all the other work you do on your mcuoneclipse blog.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have implemented last night initial support for %s (CMSIS-SVD dimElementGroup). Anyone interested to try it out?

0 Kudos
Toe
Contributor IV

Absolutely, I'll try it out.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

attached is an updated plugin (replace your current plugin with it).

I try to publish a short write-up in the blog tonight if I find time.

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, these items with the %s only show the first register. There is a problem in this register view because the %s items are 'array of register' items, and they are not handled correctly yet.

Need to see if and how this can be improved in the plugin, as not all aspects of CMSIS-SVD are handled yet.

0 Kudos