cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.2 Touch program for FRDM-KL25Z

Jump to solution
alejandromartin
Contributor I

I\m new at this. I have a problem with trying to do a touch demo on my KL25 board. I have tried the demo video on the page that uses codewarrior but when I debug it said it got debuged, So I hit play and it doesn't run. So I decided to do the same configuration on KDS 3.2 that I downloaded because on the get started page said that was the way to go. So I created the processor expert proyect and it was kinda of different but when I wanted to get to the TSS component it said I could't so I found the TSI component and I tried to configure it but I think that is something else. So then I figured out I had to download the library TF 1.1V, so I did. But at the moment of installment it said I needed to have KDS 1.2 but I have a folder that said KDS 1.3. I tried to install it anyway but it didn't let me. So the questions are. In order to use or do anything like I see on blogs or on tutorials I need to download  the previous codewarrior and the previous KDS or is there a way to do everything on the new KDS? And if there is, is it too much hassle that I'm better of with the older versions of the software? What do you recommend? I see that people like KDS better because it's easier but at this point I really don't know anymore. Help please. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ale,

-Yes, if you want use TF lib on  KDS, you need install the KSDK1.2 on it , you can download and install it

refer to here : New KSDK 1.2. is available!

- On KDS, when you create one project with PE, you can also add the  component of "TSS_Libray":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ale,

-Yes, if you want use TF lib on  KDS, you need install the KSDK1.2 on it , you can download and install it

refer to here : New KSDK 1.2. is available!

- On KDS, when you create one project with PE, you can also add the  component of "TSS_Libray":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
alejandromartin
Contributor I

Thanks! Do you have another link to the software, I´m looking for it all over the internet and I still can´t find it and your current link  gives me this messege.

pastedImage_0.png

I´ll be looking for it. But thanks!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alejandro,

Which link ? The KSDK 1.2 ?

If yes , you can find it at here Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
alejandromartin
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Oh I'm sorry, yea a didn't realized that I had to download the REV. 1.X.

Also, about the KDS IDE 3.0 is it ok to download the 3.2 or do I download 3.1? I'm sorry for so many questions haha

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alejandro,

About the KDS, you can use the latest version of KDS3.2 .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
alejandromartin
Contributor I

Thank You Alice. Have a nice Evening :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos