Is it possible to use Processor Expert and RTOS together?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Processor Expert and RTOS together?

Jump to solution
danreltek
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am using a FRDM-KL25Z and KDS 3.2.0. I have been using Processor Expert for some time on a UART-centric project.

I have found that what I need to do requires multi-threading to do best, which I haven't done on a PC for years and have never done in an embedded project.

I'd appreciate some guidance in this, such as advice on which RTOS is compatible and how to dove-tail it into the project.

If such a thing exists, a pointer to an example project that involves asynchronous communications would be invaluable.

Thanks

Dan

1 Solution
ankurmittal
Contributor II

Refer to this amazing blog by Erich Styger:

Compendium | MCU on Eclipse 

Thanks and hope it helps and solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danreltek
Contributor III

Thanks for this. It seems to be exactly what I need!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

I have attached for you a project for the FRDM-KL25Z using FreeRTOS and UART/Asynchroserial.

You can find that project as well on GitHub: mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-KL25Z/FRDM-KL25Z_Shell_PEx at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · Git... 

To use that project, you need som McuOnEclipse Processor Expert components. The latest release is described in McuOnEclipse Components: 09-July-2017 Release | MCU on Eclipse  and files are on SourceForge: McuOnEclipse - Browse /PEx Components at SourceForge.net 

I hope this helps,

Erich

ankurmittal
Contributor II

Refer to this amazing blog by Erich Styger:

Compendium | MCU on Eclipse 

Thanks and hope it helps and solves your problem.