How to upgrade OpenSDA bootloader from 2.0 to 2.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade OpenSDA bootloader from 2.0 to 2.1?

Jump to solution
walter_wang
Contributor III

Dear experts,

I've got a MAPS-K22F+Dock (from Manley) on hand, there is an K20DX128 with USB port on the Dock board which supports OpenSDA and emulated serial port. Initially I found maybe the OpenSDA bootloader is V2.0 because there is a bootload.htm file after entering bootloader mode, and it already has K64F MBED app in it. My target processor is K22F, which needs bootloader V2.1 to support. After downloading CMSIS-DAP-BOOTLOADERV2.1.zip, and copy/paste k20dx128_bootloader_0x8000.bin (in the zip) to MSD drive in bootloader mode, and re-plug the USB, nothing happened, the bootloader still remain V2.0. I've tried using K22F app under V2.0 but failed (No MBED devices detected).

But it is a bit weird that I can debug K22F projects in KDS 3.2 with OpenOCD and 0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin.

Is there any trick to upgrade OpenSDA bootloader from 2.0 to 2.1?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
walter_wang
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

My MAPS-K22 + Dock was purchaed from CEC-port online, no CD/DVD in the package. I downloaded HW/SW doc from here:

http://www.nxpic.org/document/list/index/category-188

According to below page:

OpenSDAv2

there are 2 variants: OpenSDA V2.0 and V2.1 (both bootloader and app). V2.0 now is only for K64F, and V2.1 for all the others. V2.0 bootloader cannot adopt V2.1 app. Unfortunately mine is V2.0 bootloader, and your attachment file (0221_k20dx128_k22f_0x8000.bin) is obviously V2.1 app. I've tried it, and no MBED MSD appears, no OpenOCD debug interface, until changing back to 0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wang,

Do you want use the MBED mode on MAPS_KS22 board ?

If yes, please refer to the guide update the bootlaoder to MEBD:

pastedImage_0.png

the "k20dx128_ks22_mbed.bin" file , please see the attachment .

Pay attention, if you want use the MEBD mode , do not need copy the Jlink_openSDA .bin to

to the bootlaoader ,this is for jlink interface .

If still can not work , please take a screenshot about your steps one by one .

Hope it helps
Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
walter_wang
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Thank you for detail steps. My target board is MAPS-K22, not KS22. Do you have the file for K22 with proper bootloader so I can give a try?

Walter

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Walter,

I have not find the software package for MAPS-K22,

when you  buy the board, have you get it ?

And there is a MEBD firmware for K22 , you can have a test , please

check the attachment .

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
walter_wang
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

My MAPS-K22 + Dock was purchaed from CEC-port online, no CD/DVD in the package. I downloaded HW/SW doc from here:

http://www.nxpic.org/document/list/index/category-188

According to below page:

OpenSDAv2

there are 2 variants: OpenSDA V2.0 and V2.1 (both bootloader and app). V2.0 now is only for K64F, and V2.1 for all the others. V2.0 bootloader cannot adopt V2.1 app. Unfortunately mine is V2.0 bootloader, and your attachment file (0221_k20dx128_k22f_0x8000.bin) is obviously V2.1 app. I've tried it, and no MBED MSD appears, no OpenOCD debug interface, until changing back to 0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin.

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wang,

Have your problem been solved  ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
cuchut
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

I have the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos
walter_wang
Contributor III

Dear Alice,

Yes, I understood the problem. But now I'm using JLink fermware for better speed and compatibility.

Anyway, thanks for support.

0 Kudos