cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDB Server Stucking

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi,

I am working with KDS3.0.0 and MQX 4.2. I have created an MQX project in KDS.

Everything was working fine until I start to debug code.

When I tried to debug the code that seems to stuck at 95% of Project Launching. I tried to go for KDS3.1 GDB 94% blocking but, this solution is not working for me.

Also I read that I have to clear the process of -target=arm-none-eabi (something like this) from Window Task Manager. So every time after failure of GDB Server I am clearing the process.But still not able to get rid of GDB Server Stuck.

I dont know why this is happening...Doing debugging is taking at least 2 to  5 trials. I am also attaching the Stucking Error of GDB.

Is there any settings I have to do for that? Please help me to sort this out.

Regards,

Utsavi Bharuchwala

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi all,

Thanks for quick guide.

I will try all advice and post the result.

0 Kudos

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Check for any non supported gdb commands in your script file. I have face same issue when one while loop not able to execute from debugger script.

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Make sure all directories in your PATH variable actually exists.

Searching non-existent directories can slow GCC tools to a crawl.

jschepler
Contributor III

Hi Utsavi,

Do you have any anti-virus programs running?  This sounds similar to a problem I had.  When the Trend Micro Anti-virus program was running my first build would be the quickest one.  As I continued to build and debug the process got slower and slower.  Eventually I have to restart my computer to be able to debug / build.  Sometimes I would wait over 5 minutes for the debugger to start and it would get stuck at ~95% and then never get into debug mode.

When I disabled the Anti-Virus program my build times went < 4 seconds and I could debug very quickly.  I guess the anti-virus program tries to scan every file that opens when you try to build / debug and it really bogs it down.

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Utsavi,

I'm not sure why this could be happening. Does it occurs with any project? Which MCU are you using? Is it a custom board? Which connection are you using?

I would recommend you to download KDS 3.2 which is the latest version and comes with the latest drivers and some bug fixes:

New Kinetis Design Studio v3.2.0 available

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi Carlos,

I am using TWR-K60D100M with MCU - MK60DN512VMD10.

I will download the KDS 3.2 and will contact you if I found any problem regarding to that.

Regards,

Utsavi Bharuchwala

0 Kudos