a new release of Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) is available: the version v3.2.0!
The KDS v3.2.0 is an update with includes all existing updates to the v3.0.0 release. So instead downloading and installing v3.0.0 and then apply all updates, it is recommended that you use the v3.2.0 version instead. There is no need to uninstall an existing KDS v3.0.0: the new v3.2.0 is installed in a separate directory and can be used side-by-side with the previous version.
Main benefits of v3.2.0 are:
- Includes all previous updates in a single installation image, no need to download 3.0.0 and apply updates which can be problematic depending on the order updates are applied
- Fixes known issue with GNU ARM Eclipse updates which affects debugging with OpenOCD and Segger J-Link
- Fixes known issue with launching KDS on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Includes the latest GNU ARM Eclipse build utilities to overcome the Windows 8192 command line character limit
- Updated P&E and Segger drivers
- Includes the "Project of Project" plugin
- Includes the Kinetis SDK v2.x Project Wizard
- Includes bare project support for KM1 and KM3 devices
Using KDS v3.2.0 instead of using KDS v3.0.0 with the updates is recommended. KDS v3.0.0 can be kept installed and does not need to be removed. Do *not* install KDS v3.2.0 over an existing KDS installation!
Download the Installer
- Go to Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |NXP
- Under the Downloads tab, click the button to Download the software
- Select the host operating system for which you want to download the installer:
- You need to agree on the license agreement
- Download the Installer and release notes which contain additional installation instructions:
- Install the software and consult the release notes for additional installation instructions. Release notes are attached to this document too.
- Kinetis Design Studio Download Page: Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |NXP