Bug: FreeRTOS task viewer crashes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: FreeRTOS task viewer crashes

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Trying to use the FreeRTOS task viewer shows the following error for ~one second and then KDS switches to a different tab:

170031_170031.PNGFreeRTOS_TaskAwareDebug_crash.PNG

The TAD log shows:

"FreeRTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB" version 1.0.1 (201610061345)
(c) 2016 NXP Semiconductors, Inc.
==================================
11:28:44.913 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 1 has started.
11:28:48.768 INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed:  DEBUG_STARTED -> DEBUG_INIT_0 (SUSPENDED, USER_REQUEST)
11:29:34.50 INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed:  DEBUG_INIT_0 -> DEBUG_INIT_1 (RESUMED, USER_REQUEST)
11:29:34.339 INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed:  DEBUG_INIT_1 -> DEBUG_SUSPENDED (SUSPENDED, BREAKPOINT)
11:29:41.189 INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed:  DEBUG_SUSPENDED -> DEBUG_RESUMED (RESUMED, USER_REQUEST)
11:30:15.444 INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed:  DEBUG_RESUMED -> READY (SUSPENDED, SIGNAL)
11:30:15.453 INFO: [Benchmark] Loading data for "Task List" has started.
11:30:16.620 INFO: [FreeRTOS] FreeRTOS macro "configGENERATE_RUN_TIME_STATS" is disabled.
11:30:19.863 ERROR: [MemoryReader] Could not get memory block! Invalid address "0x1fff1358" and/or "0x12dc" length!
11:30:20.365 INFO: [FreeRTOS] FreeRTOS macro "configUSE_TRACE_FACILITY" is disabled.
11:30:20.866 EXCEPTION: [TaskFactory] ReadingException in class "com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.tasklist.TaskFactory" at 242. line when calling method "readLongAtAddress(0x1fff26e8, tskTaskControlBlock, xEventListItem.pvContainer)"
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.TadFactory.readLongAtAddress(TadFactory.java:160)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.tasklist.TaskFactory.readTasksFromList(TaskFactory.java:242)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData(TaskFactory.java:135)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.model.TadModel$3.execute(TadModel.java:257)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.model.TadModel$4.run(TadModel.java:366)
11:30:20.866 ERROR: [TadFactoryData] Could not load data for "Task List" view! For more information check TAD log
11:30:20.866 INFO: [Benchmark] Loading data for "Task List" took 5413 ms.
11:30:20.866 INFO: [Benchmark] Loading data for "Task List" has started.
11:30:21.367 EXCEPTION: [TaskFactory] ReadingException in class "com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.tasklist.TaskFactory" at 108. line when calling method "getSize(pxReadyTasksLists)"
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.TadFactory.getSize(TadFactory.java:118)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.controller.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData(TaskFactory.java:108)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.model.TadModel$3.execute(TadModel.java:257)
    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.model.TadModel$4.run(TadModel.java:366)
11:30:21.368 ERROR: [TadFactoryData] Could not load data for "Task List" view! For more information check TAD log
11:30:21.368 INFO: [Benchmark] Loading data for "Task List" took 502 ms.
11:31:12.824 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 1 has ended.

The FreeRTOSviewer worked a few days ago on this project (no obviously relevant changes since it was working).

Anybody seen this bug? Work-around?
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: FreeRTOSConfig.h is attached...

OpenOCD window seems to show reading a bad pointer?

170032_170032.PNGFreeRTOS_TaskAwareDebug_crash_OpenOCD_window.PNG

Here's the FreeRTOS plugin installation detail:

170106_170106.PNGFreeRTOS_TaskAwareDebug_crash_installation_detail.PNG

Another slightly different crash:

170107_170107.PNGFreeRTOS_TaskAwareDebug_crash2.PNG

Original Attachment has been moved to: .log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: FreeRTOSConfig.h.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Footnote: I switched to a Segger JLink debugger as the Freescale/NXP-supplied OpenOCD/SDA combo was too buggy and slow for production work (JLink is enormously faster: loads and starting debug have gone from many seconds to virtually instantaneous). The FreeRTOS viewer works fine with the Segger JLink.

So, the bug is would appear to be (yet another) problem with the OpenOCD/SDA combo.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dave,

- Maybe you have not download the project into chip correctly .

Please first delete the ".metadata" folder under KDS workspace, then re-open

the KDS, build project , download it into chip again , run it to have a try .

- If it still can not work . please try another project to check whether the Task List can work well .

Hope it helps
Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Alice_Yang wrote: - Maybe you have not download the project into chip correctly .

What exactly is that supposed to mean? The code downloads and runs fine and the FreeRTOS queue viewer works. All tasks have adequate stack space (checked the hard way since the task viewer crashes). Only problem is I can't check the task statistics with the FreeRTOS task viewer.

Alice_Yang wrote:  Please first delete the ".metadata" folder under KDS workspace, then re-open

the KDS, build project , download it into chip again , run it to have a try .

Exact same result: I deleted .metadata and re-imported project as you suggested - FreeRTOS viewer still crashes.
I have attached the log file from Eclipse.

Alice_Yang wrote: - If it still can not work . please try another project to check whether the Task List can work well .

Yes the FreeRTOS Task viewer works on some projects, but I do not see any obvious difference between the projects.

Alice_Yang wrote: Hope it helps  Have a great day,

Absolutely no help. It would be a better day if these tools would actually work...

I will separately attach the log file from Eclipse.

It would be great if you can pass this information to someone able to diagnose the problem,

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave