cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variables got question mark when integrate with serial driver v3 for S12zVM

Jump to solution
kelimagna
Contributor I

Hi there, I have some code working with freemaster serial driver v2. I am integrating the driver v3 from https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-345150. I still need to use poll mode but all the variables gave me question mark. The sci speed should be right, since I can make the connection. the freemaster_cfg.h was following the example in the package. I only removed TSA and PIPE. Are you able to help? Thanks, Ke

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Ke,

I'm not sure what could be the issue here. Try to open the Tools/Communication Debug Log and select maximum verbosity of error messages. You should be able to see error codes being returned by the communication library. 

You may also try a slightly updated driver version which supports both CodeWarrior and Cosmic S12Z tools. I have just updated the original post.

Let us know if there is any news.

Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Ke,

I'm not sure what could be the issue here. Try to open the Tools/Communication Debug Log and select maximum verbosity of error messages. You should be able to see error codes being returned by the communication library. 

You may also try a slightly updated driver version which supports both CodeWarrior and Cosmic S12Z tools. I have just updated the original post.

Let us know if there is any news.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
kelimagna
Contributor I

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your help. The issue is gone after integrating the new driver.

Thanks,

Ke Li

Sr. Software Engineering

Mechatronics

MAGNA

521 Newpark Blvd., P.O. Box 354 Stn. Main

Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 4X7 Canada

OFFICE 905-898-6744, ext. 2329

ke.li@magna.com<mailto:ke.li@magna.com>

0 Kudos