Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER don't run

Jump to solution
dariusz_hurek
Contributor II

Hello, ladies and gentlemen,
i have a problem with FreeMASTER 3.0

I have the installation file under :

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/freemaster-run-time-debugging-tool:FREEMAST...

downloaded as an installation file for Windows, I also downloaded the required drive files.

After installing the two files I wanted to start FreeMASTER. After several clicks on the icon of the program, nothing happened.

Running the program with administrator rights was also unsuccessful.

Can anyone help me in this matter?

Tags (2)
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Dariusz,

I'm sorry for your troubles. It is indeed quite strange that even the 2.0 does not show up. What is your Windows 10 localization (language)? 

Can you please try the following:

• Tell if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freescale\FreeMASTER key exists in registry. If yes, try to delete it and retry running the tool.
  • After running the application, can you press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to see if the "pcmaster.exe" process is running? I understand that the window is not visible on the screen, but the process is perhaps running. If yes, terminate it before the following experiments:
  • After running the application, see if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freescale\FreeMASTER Shared Running Instances key exists in registry.
  • This may sound strange: Do you have any printer installed? If not please install any (even dummy) printer and re-try. Some font rendering functions in older FreeMASTER versions did depend on having a default printer in a system.

Thank you for your patience,

Michal

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Dariusz,

can you describe a configuration of your computer? (Windows version and RAM).

Do you have a Chrome browser installed on your computer and does it work fine?

Can you please try to install and run the FreeMASTER 2.0 to see if this version works well?

Thanks,

Michal

dariusz_hurek
Contributor II

Hey, Michal,
the configuration of my computer is the following :
- Windows 10 Enterprise as operating system
- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
- RAM = 8 GB

I have tried to install version 2.0. The installation location was successful, but the result remains the same as with the other versions (2.5 and 3.0). The program does not start.

Yes, Google Chrome is installed on my computer and it works fine.

Regards Dariusz

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Dariusz,

I'm sorry for your troubles. It is indeed quite strange that even the 2.0 does not show up. What is your Windows 10 localization (language)? 

Can you please try the following:

• Tell if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freescale\FreeMASTER key exists in registry. If yes, try to delete it and retry running the tool.
  • After running the application, can you press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to see if the "pcmaster.exe" process is running? I understand that the window is not visible on the screen, but the process is perhaps running. If yes, terminate it before the following experiments:
  • After running the application, see if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freescale\FreeMASTER Shared Running Instances key exists in registry.
  • This may sound strange: Do you have any printer installed? If not please install any (even dummy) printer and re-try. Some font rendering functions in older FreeMASTER versions did depend on having a default printer in a system.

Thank you for your patience,

Michal

dariusz_hurek
Contributor II

Hay Michal,
the operating system runs with German language.

I tried the first variant and it worked.
I deleted all entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freescale\FreeMASTER.
The software went on.
Thank you very much.

0 Kudos