cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Energy Metering TWR-KM34Z75M with IAR EW for Arm and FreeMaster

dariusz_hurek
Contributor II

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,
I bought with the development board TWR-KM34Z75M. This is advertised to be used for energy measurement.

I'm trying to build a 1 phase measurement.
I have applied on the manufacturer side of ARM for a license for its development environment. This is free of charge and unlimited valid, but has a limited functionality.

I have also downloaded an archive on this topic from the www.nxp.com site. This is in the appendix.

If the archive has been unpacked and the .exe file contained in it has been executed, you can have a look at the example code.

in my case with the following path :

C:\Freescale\KM34Z75_EXAMPLES\build\iar_7_40\projects\_1phmeter_example

pastedImage_1.png

By clicking on the project.eww file, it will be opened by the IAR IDE.

pastedImage_2.png

If I try to build the project now, I get an error message. This error could not be corrected by internet research.

pastedImage_4.png

Since I can't get any further when compiling example code, I read the "readme" PDF file contained in the folder.
There a program with the name "FreeMASTER" is named.
I have also downloaded the necessary files from www.nxp.com Version 2.5 and version 3.0 have been installed.

When I try to start the program, nothing happens. The program does not want to start.

Clicking the FreeMASTER file in the sample project (Project.pmp) did not start the program.

A hint to solve my problems is very welcome.

Thanks in beforehand.

3 Replies

MarMi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hurek,

regarding library linking issue, you might refer to this community thread: https://community.nxp.com/thread/433565 .

Kind regards,

Martin M.

Bohrfutter
Contributor III

Hello Hurek,

As far as I can see it will be a littel bit difficult to get support for the IAR Development Studio here. I would try the NXP Tool Chain which is recommented for this board (Design Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) | NXP).

Freemaster Tool is something which comes in play when you have working software on the board ;-).

Cheers

Seb

dariusz_hurek
Contributor II

Hello, Sebastian,
I have already asked a question about this in the forum.

The opposite was claimed.
Here is a link to this question :
https://community.nxp.com/thread/519980

0 Kudos